AM Biz News: Parker Wants WMG, Rdio Opens API, AOL Music App, Twitter Shuns Devs, OMP3 & More
- Napster and Facebook wunderkind Sean Parker is part of the leading group trying to buy Warner Music. (MediaMemo)
- Music streamer Rdio announced the public availability of their API and a new affiliate program.
- AOL enters the app business with social music app Play that it describes as "Instagram for music". (Mashable)
- Twitter tells third party developers to stop making Twitter clients. (ars) This can't be good news for all of us depend on these clients to manage multiple social media accounts.
- Canadian Music Week 2011 Indie Awards winners.
- Q & A: Lee Winterson, CEO and Founder – OMP3.org. (TheMusicVoid)
- Eventful opens NYC office and appoints 2 new executives. (DMW)
- Alliance Entertainment has acquired Edge Entertainment a music and film distributor serving indie and college retailers.
- Facebook to test a Groupon inspired service. (Bloomberg)
- Rock of ages: what role does music play in your home? (SFGate)
- The Future of Digital Music Start-Ups is Not in Canada. (Torontoist)
- Abandoning Physical – Some Calculations. (TheCynicalMusician)
- Twilio is powering a number of the hottest mobile start-ups at SXSW. (Bits)
- Sorry for some misc messages in your RSS and Twitter streams over the weekend. We were testing mobile setting before we head to SXSW Music.