AM BRIEF: EMI Split Sale Close, Google To Add Song Sharing, Is Rubin Out?, Mico Exits UMG & More
EMI SALE UPDATE: Several sources are reporting that a split sale is getting closer, with Sony/ATV or BMG Rights getting the publishing side (BMG has fewer anti-trust issues) and Universal or Warner Music Groups owner Len Blavatnik getting the recorded music end.
- Google Music store tipped to include song-sharing feature. (Muisc Ally)
- Rick Rubin is being forced out of his co-chairmanship at Columbia, according to the not always reliable NY Post.
- Ted Mico exits his post as EVP at Interscope/Geffen/A&M for for a gig at MixedMediaWorks LLC. According to new filings with the sTate, Mico is partnering with Barbara Gave in a "multimedia / PR company" based in Venice, CA.
- SeatGeek Launches "Columbus" Kayak-Like Event Discovery Engine. (Mashable)
- Avid announced Pro Tools 10 - an update to their audio production software now includes public and private sharing to SoundCloud.
- Study: Digital Car Integration Is "Largest Threat" To Radio & CDs (FMQB)