AM Brief: Rovi Realigns AllMusic, Indaba Adds Rosen & Latifah, Live Nation Losses, WMG & More
- AllMusic, the database that provides bios and other info for iTunes, Pandora, Spotify and almost every other digital music store appears to be getting a big makeover as owner Rovi opens a combined music, firm and tv service and destination AllRovi.com.
- Former Sony SVP J.J. Rosen joins musician networking an opportunities site Indaba Music as CEO and Queen Latifah has made a "siginfigant" investment becoming co-board chair.
- Live Nation's quarterly losses widen from $30M to $89M. (WSJ)
- WMG got at least 10 serious bids to buy all or parts of the company. (Bloomberg)
- Google Music Service Nowhere Near Ready. (TMV)
- The Telecaster: Still Wailing At 60. (NPR)
- Radio for the YouTube Era? Meet Broadcastr. (NYT)
- Sony Music Wants YOU: To Help Create Michael Jackson's New Video. (Mashable)
- Celebrity Endorsements Help Boost Sales Of Stereo Headphones. (MI2N)
- 14 Artists Who Launched Their Own Labels. (Paste)