AM News Brief: AOL, 7Digital + RIM, Microsoft vs. Pandora, Qtrax Update, Facebook’s SXSW & More
- AOL is rumored to be letting go of "hundreds" by Friday.
- 7digital's Music Store will come pre-installed on the new BlackBerry PlayBook tablet.
- Is Microsoft taking a shot at Pandora with its music and video discovery engine code named Ventura? (SAI)
- Qtrax launched Tuesday said its ad-supported music download service in Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Fiji and Hong Kong - but not the U.S. as promised. Qtrax reportedly has short term deals in place with EMU, UMG and Sony.
- Limewire settles with the recod labels, but still faces $1billion claim.
- Facebook Live is partnering with Mashable for SXSW Interactive and PureVolume for SXSW Music to feature live video of select interviews and performances.
- Spotify vs. Rhapsody by the numbers. (paidContent)
- Just How Big A Deal is Spotify’s 1 Million Subscribers Milestone? (MarkMulligan)
- The hopefully un-lost art of Artist and Repertoire. (CMU)
- Top 20 Facebook Music Apps (Evolver.fm)