AM News Brief: Apple iCloud Launches, Beatles Up EMI Sale $’s, Music Week Sold, Kings Of Leon & More
Apple has opened iCloud.com to developers and announced pricing per year: $20 for 10GB, $40 for 20GB, $100 for 50GB. 9to5Mac has UK and EU prices.
- Beatles Can Lure $4 Billion for EMI Using Warner Deal (Business Week)
- UK music business trade publication Music Week has been sold and saved from probably closure by Intent Media. Expect major changes ahead.
- Spanish music sales fall 18.6%. (Music Ally)
- Like Jazz? Use YouTube To Create Your Own Jams (Mashable)
- Kings Of Leon Management Issuing Questionable DMCA Takedowns To Stop Clips Of On Stage Problems? (Techdirt)