AM News: Facebook Hits 750M, Turntable.fm Explodes, Aspiro, Promoted Tweets & More
Facebook now has 750 million users, according to a leaked report, up from 600 million in January. (TechCrunch)
- Turntable.fm hits 140,000 users in the first month. (BetaBeat) They may have cracked the social music code. It's popular and fun and claim it's legal.
- 300k paying subscribers for Aspiro’s WiMP streaming music service. (Music Ally)
- New Berklee Collge Of Music online semester begins June 27th. I'm teaching section of Future Of Music. Hope to see some of you in class.
- Twitter will be placing promoted tweets in your stream within months (FT)
- Live Nation is using GroupOn to fill seats on the Britney Spears and Rhianna tours, and it appears to be working. (Hollywood Reporter)
- U.S. Mobile Local Ad Revenues to Grow From $404 Million in 2010 to $2.8 Billion in 2015 (BIA/Kelsey)
- SoundCloud is now integrated Flattr, a social micropayment startup founded by ex-Pirate Bay dounders. SoundCloud is also integrated with BuySimple. (TechCrunch Europe)
- Showtime Takes On 1970s Record Industry With Drama Project From Jason Smilovic, Elaine Goldsmith-Thomas & Barry Levinson (Deadline)