AM News: Google Halts Realtime Search, Sony.ie Hacked, MOG+FB, Baidu+MS, Grammy Boycott, More
Google has suspended Realtime search which allowed users to find real-time updates from Twitter, Facebook, FriendFeed and others. The move comes after a deal with Twitter expired. Google promises to relaunch with info from its new Google+ plus real-time data from a variety sources.
- Sony's Irish music site attacked. (Irish Times)
- MOG Collaborates with Facebook on HTML5 web app (Evolver.fm) Simple but brilliant...
- Facebook declares war of Google+, blocks contact-exporting tool. (CNet) This is just the start of the coming social networking wars.
- Talent Show Mulled For Timberlake’s MySpace (Pollstar)
- A coalition of musicians is calling for a boycott of CBS, due to the Grammy Awards' recent category changes, and a potential lawsuit to the Grammys themselves as well. (FMQB)
- Microsoft signs deal with Chinese search giant Baidu to offer English language search. (LA Times)
- Unlicensed: Are Google Music and Amazon Cloud Player illegal? (ars)
- GoDaddy sold for $2.5 billion. (NY Times) Maybe now they'll create a userface I can understand...
- Spanish Music Rights Groups Raided By Police, Bosses Arrested For Fraud (Torrentfreak)
- AARP begins an Internet Radio Service, Mixing Familiar Hits With New Artists (NY Times)