AM News: RIAA CEO Ready To Drive Away, Winehouse Inspires Debate, Twitter Ads, & More
Mitch Bainwol, CEO and chairman of the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA), is in advanced talks to head up an auto-industry trade group.(CNET)
- Do record labels have a duty of care? Amy Winehouse's tragic death has opened up an old music industry debate: how much responsibility should labels and managers accept for keeping artists on the straight and narrow? (Guardian)
- Twitter Pumps Up Its Ads Today With “Promoted Tweets to Followers” (AllThingsD)
- Google+ Gets a Feature Update Center
- NARM has announced the schedule for its great online seminar series through the end of the year.
- Island Def Jam CEO Barry Weiss addresses speculation claiming that the label is experiencing financial woes. Dismissing the "broke" reports, Weiss said "I don't know what the f*ck they're talking about. Def Jam is not broke, it's on fire!"