AM News: Spin Mag Pivots, Pandora Stock Rises, Best Buy’s Music Cloud, UMG vs HipHop Blogs, More
Spin, the alternative-music magazine laid off Doug Brod, the editor in chief and Malcolm Campbell, its publisher since 2006, as part of a larger plan to expand the publication online. (NY Times)
- Conflict? A member of the Warner Music Group Board Of Directors may have profited from piracy. (TorrentFreak, Wayne's World)
- Panodra stock recovered 9% in Monday trading, closing at $14.61, It was trading at $14.78 just before 10AM ET this morning. Follow it here.
- Best Buy is joining the cloud music sweepstakes, quietly launching Music Cloud, a mobile streaming service powered by Catch Media that includes an iMatch like scan and match. (Hypebot)
- Universal Music Goes To War Against Popular Hip Hop Sites & Blogs (Techdirt)
- Turntable.fm Really is Awesome. Is it Legal? (AllThingsD)
- Andrew Dubber & Co are hosting a free online music industry knowledge event dubbed AmpNMS today and tomorrow. Get involved here.
- Reported Facebook Music Is Old News – With One Big Exception (Evolver.fm)
- A complete list of the promotions and layoffs at Universal Motown including new contact info, thanks to AllAccess.
- Apple has released an upgraded X version of Final Cut Pro video editing software for $299.