AM NEWS: Steve Jobs, Blackberry Music, CashMusic + Mozilla, SoundHound + Spotify, Pandora $’s & More
- Blackberry has launched its BBM Music Service.
- Non-profit musician tool creator CashMusic.org is getting support from Mozilla's new WebFWD program to encourage an open-source web.
- Music Search Startup SoundHound Partners With Spotify For Instant Streaming (TechCrunch)
- Pandora will hold its first earning call since the IPO today (Thursday) after the close of the market at 2:00 PM (PT) / 5:00 PM (ET). Listen live audiocast here or call (877) 355-0067 or (443) 853-1239. According to Billboard's Glenn Peoples, investors listen for: revenue growth, user stas and ad mix.
- Memolane is linking with SoundCloud to create personalized soundtracks for users of its social media aggregation tool that creates a timeline of memories with content from platforms including YouTube, Flickr, Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare and Last.fm.
- EMI Doesn't Pay Royalties, Or It Does, But To The Wrong People, Or It Doesn't, Or Maybe It Does... (Techdirt)
- Rachael Yamagata’s New Album Cover Created on the iPhone (Mashable)