#DMFE Highlights From Digital Music Forum East
- Will Spotify debut in the U.S. this June? 4 of 5 State of the Digital Union panelists say no.
- Will Google’s Music service be up by fall? 4 of 5 State of the Digital Union panelists say yes.
- “If we’re here next year and it still takes six to eight months to license anything, we’re all dead.” – Carter Adamson, COO, Rdio
More Highlights From Digtal Music Forum East:
- “Are any of you guys doing any marketing? I haven’t heard of any of you.” - Audience member to "Hey Hey, Get Off Of My Cloud" panel.
- "[Lack of] awareness is still a major reason subscription services haven't worked." - Clear Channel Radio COO Gerrit Meier
- "On average, a person attends 0.9 [Live Nation/Ticketmaster] shows/year." - Live Nation/Ticketmaster VP Jenny Connelly
- “We do text campaigns for every one of our artists…new songs, new video, a media appearance, anything notable.”- Island Def Jam VP Allison Schlueter
- “Even the Chamber of Commerce has been taken over by the content community.” - Consumer Electronics Association President Gary Shapiro
- “If people actually clicked the ‘buy’ links on YouTube videos and Facebook posts, we’d all be rich men.” - Wiredset CEO Mark Ghuneim
- Roadrunner Records SVP Jon Slatterley says sites like "Sign Me To Roadrunner Records" aren’t used for A&R. They’re designed to capitalize on amateur fans’ enthusiasm for the Roadrunner brand, and expand fans’ engagement.