iTunes 10 Logo Speaks Back With A Vengeance
The iTunes 10 icon has a Twitter account; it's angry and funny too.
Remember that stuff Clay Shirky wrote a book about called Cognitive Surplus? Well, apparently, this is at least one of the things that happens when people stop watching television and have too much free time on their hands.
I attempted to pull some of its best one liners for your enjoyment:
- As much as @gap's new logo sucked, it at least got people talking. For a moment they were almost relevant again. Almost.
- What @GapLogo taught me this week: Paint and WordArt are considered serious, professional design tools.
- If you're going to do a shitty re-brand, stick with it. Heck, look at what it's done for Pepsi.
- Twitter, it's where people bitch about tons of shit that doesn't matter.
- Admit that I'm ugly? I'm an icon. I'm functional; easily identifiable. I'm not trying to cure cancer.
- Steve Jobs happens to like me. Steve Jobs is a rich motherfucker and I make lots of money.
- It's been a month since iTunes 10 came out and people are still bitching about me. Seriously, fuck you guys.
- No one forces you to use iTunes, and you aren't charged for it so quit bitching about it.
- The logo has been broke for a long time. People thought computers should've kept floppy drives and look where that got us.
- While I'm sure you buy most of your music from your beloved Walmart, most get it digitally now. CDs are dead.