M-Audio introduces compact BX-series monitors
Perfect for small studios, podcasters & streamers. Here's a review from SOS.
Built into MDF cabinets, the BX3 and BX4 feature 3.5- and 4.5-inch Kevlar-coated woofers, respectively, and these are paired in each case with a one-inch silk-dome tweeter sited in a computer-modelled waveguide.
Both new models are powered by 120W of amplification, and feature both high- and low-shelving adjustment. The amps and controls are all situated in just one speaker of each pair, which send a powered output to its passive partner (a switch on the active speaker's control panel lets you determine which speaker is left and right).
- 3.5” Black Kevlar® low frequency drivers; 1” natural silk dome tweeters
- New computer-optimized tweeter waveguide for precise imaging
- High-EQ and Low-EQ controls for dialing in the perfect sound
- Enhanced rear ports for extended low-frequency response
- Left/Right Active Speaker Position Switch for configuring which side has volume control
- 1/4”, 1/8”, and RCA inputs for connecting to virtually any audio source
- Front 1/8” AUX input for quick connection of smartphones or other audio sources
- Acoustically-inert MDF cabinet with bass reflex design for deep, rich sound
- Includes 1/8” speaker interconnect cable, 1/8” to 1/8” cable, 1/8” to RCA cable and Foam Feet