More #MIDEM Deals & MidemNet Lab Winners
- The year's MidemNet Lab winners were Jammbox, Next Big Sound & Shuffler.fm. Congrats! It was an impressive competition.
- Play.fm, a music streamer featuring 30.000+ DJ sets has just added mobile apps for the iPhone, Android and Windows Phone 7 platforms.
- I was impressed by a demo from Viinyl.com and some of the things they have planned for the graphic online single (plus soon to be EP and album) product.
- Booyah and Indaba Music partnered for the ship release of Drop the Bass, which they say is the first music album to come from a social game. The album was produced by the Indaba community for Booyah's Nightclub City, a Facebook game that allows players to create and manage their own virtual nightclub.
- The Harry Fox Agency (HFA) and Ricall, operator of a online music research and licensing marketplace, have announced are partnering.
- Black Hole Recordings, set up by DJ and producer Tiesto, has signed to Essential for distribution across the UK and Ireland.