More Music Industry News: Apple iAds, New Charts, Choruss, Spotify Q3?, Foursquare & More
- Even as the buzz builds toward the April 3rd ship date of the iPad, Apple is preparing to announce its "next big thing" -- a new personalized, mobile advertising system that could well be called the "iAd" - Online Media Daily
- Billboard is launching a bunch of genre specific digital charts. Of course, you have to be a subscriber to see them. (Billboard) I politely refrain from comment...
- Warner Bros Pictures is hiring students to spy on online pirates. Are you studying for a degree in computing? Fancy a job monitoring internet forums for illegal filesharers? You're in luck ... (Guardian)
- Choruss Changes Its Tune; Splitting With Warner, But Many Questions Remain. (Techdirt)
- Spotify says Q3 US launch claims are wide of the mark. (Music Ally)
- Foursquare’s Growth Not Slowing Down: 725,000 Users, 22 Million Checkins (Mashable)
- A fairly in depth look at how various countries support music and the arts with indirect (health care) and direct subsidies. (Pitchfork)
- What U.S. Health Care Reform Means For Working Musicians. Future of Music Coalition via Billboard.