More Music Industry News: HP Launches Music Service, Vodafone Soars & More
- Tunecore has added Zune to its digital distribution offerings and will add other outlets in the coming months.
- PC maker Hewlett-Packard will launch a digital music service across key European markets on Monday. The MusicStation service will be preloaded on 16 of HP's personal computer models in Britain, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Netherlands, Belgium and Austria. The service has been developed and is managed by British digital music firm Omnifone. HP runs a similar service in United States with RealNetworks' Rhapsody. (Reuters)
- An overview of the 15 music tech startups chosen to showcase at MidemNet Labs. (Music Ally)
- Vodafone announced at MIDEM that it had 450,000 paid subscribers to its Mobile Music unlimited download offering.
- Music discovery site thesixtyone.com is live with a new design. I think its both elegant and intelligent. Brilliant.
- Facebook grew 600% in 2009 but the really explosive story is Twitter according to Opera's State Of The Mobile Web.
- Pardon the lack of graphics and weirdness in the site today. Lots of net connection issues last night in Cannes.