More Music Industry News: IFPI Shakeup, New Zune MP3, Free Bronfman, TuneCore + Spotify & More
- John Kennedy steps down and Frances
Moore is the new CEO of the IFPI.
Microsoft has revamped its Zune mp3 music store. No more Zune credits - just a straight credit card purchase. (paidContent). Viacom says it will appeal but this is a major victory for YouTube.
- Court says YouTube not guilty of infringement in Viacom case. (Hypebot)
- French prosecutor: Ex-Vivendi execs Messier and Bronfman should be acquitted of charges of duping investors. (AP)
- The Harry Fox Agency is providing royalty administration services for MediaNet Digital.
- TuneCore has added Spotify to the list of digital music platforms to which it can deliver music.
- The music industry is singing the blues over piracy and a massive decline in revenues. Two startups - MOG and Rdio - are looking for opportunity amidst all of the chaos. (Portfolio)
- How Warner Music and Its Musicians Are Combating Declining Album Sales. (Fast Company)
- Nashville indie label Golden Music is shutting down. (Music Row)
- The new iPhone 4 is getting rave reviews. Here NY Times tech critic David Pogue weighs in.
- NPR Music keeps growing. (NY Times