More Music Industry News: imeem’s Caldwell Is Back, EMI, Rock Band 3, Mexico, Redeye & More
- imeem founder Dalton Caldwell has raised $370,000 of a proposed $600,000 for his stealth startup Mixed Media Labs (Venture Beat)
- Same old song at EMI? Charles Allen seems a surprising replacement for Elio Leoni-Sceti but at least he wants to be there. (Guardian, Hypebot)
- This music is sponsored by ... With the music industry in free fall, musicians turn to corporate advertising and product placement to promote their work. (LA Times)
- Rock Band 3 will be released in time for the holidays and EA will distribute. (MTV)
- Facebook Will Allow Users to Share Location. (Bits)
- Emily White: Why I love email lists. (MidemNet Blog)
- A New Frontier for Indie Rock, Down in Mexico. (NY Times)
- Redeye Distribution has added Los Angeles based Autumn Tone Records to its roster. Created in 2006 as a companion to the popular music blog, Aquarium Drunkard, Autumn Tone artists include The Henry Clay People, Happy Hollows and Roadside Graves, whose last album appeared on many of 2009's "best of" lists. Their new album will be released March 23rd.
- Uplaya enters the "get your song rated" sector and is offering feedback for two songs free for a limited time.