More Music Industry News: iPad Street Date, Stereogum Makeover, YouTube & More
- Apple iPad to arrive in stores on April 3rd. Pre-order starts March 12th. (Bits - NY Times)
- Stereogum got a major makeover that gives the popular music blog more of a website like feel.
- Sony is readying gadgets to take on Apple. (ars, WSJ) I wish it were true, but....
- Rhapsody MP3 is offers Radiohead’s “Kid A” for $2. Kid A was selected by Rhapsody editors as
Album of the Decade. The promotion ends tonight (Friday) at midnight. Grab it here.
- BMW and RadioTime will offer the first in-car internet radio. (press release) Tell me again why I need to pay Sirius XM every month?
- Warner/Chappell Music has expanded its agreement
with Eagle Don Henley to
administer his worldwide publishing rights.
- A YouTube revenue guess: $1 Billion in 2011. (Media Memo)
- YouTube launches auto-captions for all videos (TechCrunch)