More Music Industry News: Live Nation Wants$’s, 7Digital Needs You, Apple Gains, FB Lite & More
- Live Nation announces a $250 million private note offering to pay of debt. (press release)
- UK's Record Store Day was a strong success. (Guardian)
- Warner Music Group will release its financial results for Q2 which ended March 31st on Thursday, May 6 and hold an earnings call at 8:30 a.m. ET. (Details on accessing the WMG conference call after the jump below.)
- 7Digital wants to trade album reviews for free downloads. (7Digital)
- Apple Reports Second Quarter Results - Record March Quarter Revenue and Profit, iPhone Sales More Than Double (press release) Analysis @ paidContent.
- Ford's upcoming Fiesta model will be the first vehicle that allows its SYNC in-car communications system to work in conjunction with online radio service Pandora, and Stitcher, a news and entertainment streaming radio service. The AppLink software will let Blackberry and Android smartphone users control any of these websites with voice commands.(FMQB)
- Research: Music recommendation is the big opportunity. - For all the talk of recommendation systems, serendipity currently plays a more important part in triggering searches for music online. That's one of the surprising conclusions from new research by Gartner into how UK consumers find music online, which also found that word of mouth recommendations from friends and family is the most powerful way of driving purchases. (Guardian)
- Facebook turns off Facebook Lite. (Mashable) Good thing. Many music apps did not appear in the Lite version.
WMG Conference Call Access Details:To access the WMG conference call, dial 800-857-2625 or 210-234-6601. The passcode for the call is “Warner Music.” We suggest you call in 10 minutes prior to the start time.
You will be able to replay the conference call up until Thursday, May 20, 2010 at 11:00 p.m. ET by dialing 866-395-9128 or 203-369-0494. The call will also be available via webcast at www.wmg.com.