More Music Industry News: Used CDs, SoundExchange + AFTRA, Chuck D, Canada & More
- EFF to fight for right to resell CDs in Monday hearing as Appeals Court considers 'First Sale' doctrine for eBay seller. (EFF)
- SoundExchange has teamed with American Federation of Television and Radio Artists (AFTRA) to identify 6,000+ artists owed royalty payments. A recent audit showed that SoundExchange had $39 million that it owed artists that it could not locate and /or had not signed up for to receive payments..
- Chuck D on the tech industry: Revenge of the Nerds? (Huffington Post)
- The RIAA? Amateurs. Here's how you sue 14,000+ P2P users. (ars)
- Canada Tries New Copyright Bill Again - In 2005 there was C-60, in 2008 it was C-61, and now in 2010 it’s C-32. As we reported a month ago, a new Bill was about to be rammed through Canada’s Parliament, and on Wednesday it was announced. It is, like its two predecessors, mostly a collection of stricter enforcement rules with an occasional benefit to consumers thrown in, almost as an afterthought. (TorrentFreak)
- Google Moderator on YouTube enables real-time feedback from your audience. (YouTube)