More Music Industry News: Vringo’s $64M IPO, Nokia Music, Windish, SXSW Coverage & More
- Video Ringtone Company Vringo Files For $64.3 Million IPO. (TechCrunch)
- Nokia's Music Store to get rebranded as Ovi Music. (Music Ally)
- Behind the music: My solution to the digital licensing mess. - The current state of digital licensing is a shambles. My proposal is that collection societies should 'audition' to become the one-stop licensing shop for Europe. (Guardian)
- Ticketmaster ceases to exist (in name only). A critical op ed in the LA Times.
- A Q&A with the top agent in indie music, Tom Windish, the founder of The Windish Agency. (Billboard)
- AOL Tries To Seed SXSW With Coverage Of 2,000 Bands. (paidContent)
- iPhone Loses Market Share As Smartphone Wars Heat Up. (Epicenter) If you think you can get away with only creating an iPhone app...think again.