More New Music Industry News: RDIO, EMI Minus S-Curve?, Idol + Hulu & More
- RDIO: Skype/Kazaa Founders Launch Skeletal Version of Rdio Streaming App. (Epicenter) Watch this one...
- EMI's Capitol idea: Greenberg could get offer to run record label. - EMI's precarious financial situation may cost it a lucrative distribution deal with red-hot independent label S-Curve Records. (NY Post)
- Vevo CEO Responds: Some Things We ARE Getting Right. (paidContent)
- A new and more sophmoric Idolator music blog relaunched yesterday. (Idolator)
- How the record labels spurned the YouTube opportunity: Free video hosting, distribution and promotion would be a boon to most industries but not the record industry. (Techdirt's Mike Masnick in the UK's Telegraph)
- Twitter was the target of a cyberattack Thursday that disrupted service for many users, especially those accessing it directly through the company’s Web site. (NY Times) As of Friday AM things seem normal again.
- From Delivery to Availability: Amazon MP3 the Fastest Digital Music Retailer (DigitalAudioInsider)
- Classical music bucks the trend - It was the decade that classical labels were supposed to die a death – but a tumultuous 10 years didn't work out like that. (Guardian UK)
- Idol honcho Simon Fuller's new entertainment venture "IF I CAN DREAM" will launch in early 2010 and be distributed via Hulu and Clear Channel in partnership with MySpace for its audition platform. PepsiCo and Ford Motor Company are also partners. (press release)