More New Music Industry News: UK Singles Sales, Metadata, MIDEM Keynotes, Melodeo & More
- UK singles sales reach record high. - Thanks to the success of downloads, the UK singles market had its best year ever in 2009, with more than 150m copies sold. (Guardian)
- From CES: Storage Industry try to make sense of music metadata. (PC World)
- Pharrell Williams, Grammy Award-winning singer, songwriter and producer of such artists as Justin Timberlake and Usher and MXP4 CEO Albin Serviant have been added as one of the keynotes at MIDEM 2010.
- Greg Rollett from GenYRockstars has created a free report (in exchange for your email address) of 100 Resources For Indie Musicians.You've got to figure that a guy who recommends reading Hypebot everyday is pretty smart. The list includes some great resources and can also serve as a checklist to make sure you haven't forgotten anything.
- Mobile music technology provider Melodeo is looking for a buyer. (Billboard)
- Pioneer and Pandora are bringing internet radio to cars. (VentureBeat)
- Music publishers force another lyric site offline. (Techdirt)
- Record labels should only blame themselves for filesharing woes. (MediaPost)