More News: Turntable.fm Stumbles, Foursgaure Gets $50M, Spotify Rumors, EMI, LulzSec, HMV & More
turntable.fm is red hot attracting 140,000 users in its first month. But now they've blocked access to everyone outside the US. (NextWeb)
- Foursquare raised $50 Million at valuation of $600 Million with Andreessen Horowitz leading the round.
- The rumors continue to build that Spotify will launch in the US by mid-July.
- Who wants to buy EMI? The home of Coldplay, Kylie, the Beatles and more is expected to attract plenty of interest. (Guardian)
- Hacker group LulzSec is shutting down. (BusinessInsider)
- HMV to Sell 125 Canadian Stores: Report (Reuters)
- Facebook is now the second most popular site in the UK after Google. (Reuters)
- Where music and baseball meet. (NY Times)
- A field guide to YouTube talent companies (GigaOm)
- Interview with FanBridge: Social media smarts for musicians (NextWeb)
- Acquisition of MySpace Could Double Sirius XM's Stock Price (SeekingAlpha)
- Why Marvin Gaye Is Having a Resurgence on Facebook & Twitter (Mashable)
- Make sure you didn't miss anything with Hypebot's REWIND: The Music Idustry's Week In Review.