Music Biz News: Jobs Explains Apple Apps Subs, Spotify $’s, Eminem, 7Ditigal Mobile & More
- New Steve Jobs email suggests that Apple's in-app subscriptions don't apply to "software as a service". (Mac Rumors)
- Spotify swept up in dotcom bubble with $1 billion valuation and reportedly seeking $100 million in funding as it builds up to US launch. (Guardian)
- Eminem has hit his billionth view on YouTube, according to Famecount.com, the social media statistics service. Only Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber each surpassed 1 billion.
- 7digital has released major updates to its Android, BlackBerry and mobile web apps including HTML5 compatibility.
- MOG's CEO speaks out on the Apple app store controversy, but says there are plenty of other platforms to enjoy his streaming music service on. (Financial Times) MOG will now come pre-loaded on Verizon Android 4g phones.
- Deezer thinks regulators will squash Apple’s new subscription rules. (Music Ally)
- Verizon Wireless has updated its V CAST Music app to include Android smartphones.
- Inspired by the success of MidemNet's tech showcases, Reed Midem is launching a new competition for connected entertainment (including music) startups to present in front of media corporate investors, venture capitalists and app funds. (Connected Creativity)