New Music Seminar Comes To LA February 2nd
Much of the music industry (including Hypebot) is headed to the south of France for MIDEM, but the follwoing week the action shifts to Los Angeles and the Grammy's followed by the first ever LA New Music Seminar on February 2nd.
I'll be making the trip to LA to be a panelist at NMS and am proud to be a part of it's stellar lineup. Daniel Ek, CEO of Spotify, is one of the keynotes at the Henry Fonda Theater. Spotify, under the leadership of Ek is the innovative new music technology and service that has taken Europe by storm and is now poised to enter the US market with equal force.
Other panelists include:über producer, Rodney Jerkins, Kevin Lyman, President/founder Warp Tour, Alexandra Patsavas of Chop Shop Music, Justin Tranter, lead singer of Semi Precious Weapons, a rare appearance by Derek Sivers, Founder of CD Baby and Jason Bentley, Program Director of KCRW.
The conference will feature Keynote address and four Movements:
1st Movement Success & FRM : Conductor Tom Silverman
- Tom Silverman Tommy Boy/NMS Founder
- Mike Doernberg ReverbNation Founder
- Bryan Calhoun SoundExchange VP, New Media
- Ian Rogers Topspin President
- Bruce Houghton Hypebot President
- Frank Cooper Pepsi Chief Marketing Officer
Keynote: Daniel Ek: Founder Spotify
2nd Movement Marketing: Conductor Jon Healy
- Jon Healy LA Times Editorial Writer
- Greg Estes Mozes VP Marketing
- Alexandra Patsavas Chop Shop Music Supervisor
- Derek Sivers CD Baby Founder
- Corey Denis Not Shocking Founder
3rd Movement Creative: Conductor Jason Bentley
- Jason Bentley KCRW Program Director
- Justin Tranter Semi-Precious Weapons Lead Singer
- Elliot Wilson Rap Radar Founder/Owner
- Rodney Jerkins Darkchild Records Producer
- Tom Jackson OnStageSucess.com President
4th Movement Touring: Conductor Dave Lory
- Dave Lory DJL Live Music Productions
- Martin Atkins Tour:Smart / Invisible Records
- Kevin Lyman Warp Tour/4fini Productions
- Eliott Lefko Golden Voice/AEG
- Martin Winsch Mountain Ent./ Mgr Corey Smith
For 2 for 1 discount tickets use the code NMSLA2 through Google checkout on the New Music Seminar site.