NEWS BRIEF: Impala Fights EMI Sale, Sony Takes On Pandora, Shuffler.fm to iPad, RIAA, Scorebig & More
European Indie trade group Impala says it will fight purchase of EMI by either of the two current front runners WMG and Universal. But Billboard asks: Is Renewed Interest In EMI Auction Real, or Just Smoke?
- Sony's Music Unlimited streaming service adds Pandora-esque feature. (CNet)
- The very cool Shuffler.fm iPad app is finally live. Shuffler.fm creates an audio magazine powered by music blogs and sites.
- RIAA Admits It Wants DMCA Overhaul; Blames Judges For 'Wrong' Interpretation. (Techdirt)
- ScoreBig, a members-only site offering savings on tickets for concerts, sports and theater, has appointed former Ticketmaster Director of Music Services Bill Ashton as its VP of Music.
- Watch the full Charlie Rose interview with Facebook Leadership: Mark Zuckerberg, CEO/Co-Founder & Sheryl Sandberg, COO here.
- LiveMusicStage.com Offers Communal Online Concerts (DMW)
- MOG is now available on Logitech’s Squeezebox players.
- R.I.P. Dwight Arrington Myers - aka Heavy D - at 44.