Overheard At Today’s #SFMusicTech Part 1
- @CathyGellis says record companies are making more money from placement of songs in other media (e.g. ads) than selling records.
- Social media "sweet spot:" 3-4 status updates per day on Facebook; 8-10 tweets per day on Twitter, 3-4 blog posts/week
- "Accessibility is expected. Authenticity is required. An artist needs to be the complete package," according to Meridith Chin of Facebook
- @dmscott says "Effective music artists are listening and engaging. Virtual pats on the back in incredibly powerful."
- Sonos is experiencing issues of supporting applications for thousands of music services around the world.
- @mskaff, CIO of SF Symphony tweets: "Curation is one of the hottest memes in social media at the moment. That's essentially what this is all about.