Overheard @ Day 1 Of ADWEEK In NYC: "Widgets Have Inherited The Earth," Argues Marc Ecko.
This guest post is by Max Willens, editor of We All Make Music, a website dedicated to helping musicians thrive in a post-label world.
More Great Quotes From ADWEEK Below:
- "The widgets have inherited the earth." - Marc Ecko
- "People are expecting to see more of a return on their social media influence. We're seeing this now more than even three months ago." - Garth Holsinger, business manager of klout.com
- "I have two computers for music. One with what I wanna hear as I'm getting dressed in the morning, and on the other, which I use for DJing, I have the exact opposite." - Ahmir "Questlove" Thompson
- "If you're trying to enlighten someone, you're turning them off." - Ahmir "Questlove" Thompson
- "This [American Express's Unstaged event] is the marketing spin. They've [corporate sponsors] replaced the label." - John Legend
- "Radio is still the number one driver of sales. If you have a hit on the radio, you're gonna sell, and it's unlikely you're gonna replicate that without it." - John Legend