PM Update: AOL Music Cuts, Cat To The Orchard, $1.6M To ShowClix, Net Radio, SuperGlued App
- AOL Music has cut 5 of its 11 staffers according to Billboard's Bill Werde.
- Cat Kreidich leaves ADA to become Director of Retail Marketing for The Orchard.
- Online tickerter ShowClix has landed $1.65 million in its second round of funding. Swallow Point Ventures, Pittsburgh Equity Partners, Woodland Partners, Innovation Works and Smithfield Trust all participated.
- Internet radio listening jumped 28% in the last half of 2010. (RAIN)
- Just in time for SXSW, SuperGlued has created an Apple and Android app that finds concerts customized to location and preferences. SuperGlued President Rush Doshi will give a demo of the app at GigMaven presents: The Ides of March Day Party at Emo’s in Austin Tuesday, March 15, at approximately 1:15pm on the indoor stage at 603 Red River St.
A new artist opportunities site is online in the UK, Audio Rokit.