PM Update: Rhapsody Tries 60 Days Free, SocialEyes Launches Facebook Video, UMG Earnings & More
- Rhapsody will extend the free trial for its music service to 60 days in March as part of a promotion across all MTV Networks media properties.
- SocialEyes, founded by ex-Rhapsody CEO Rob Glaser debuted today offering free video chat on Facebook. Since SocialEyes enables small group conversations, artists could, for example, offer online meet and greets.
- Universal Music Group's revenues grew slightly but earnings took a 23% drop. (Guardian)
- The Guguchu.com direct-to-fan platform is adding d.i.y. ticket pre-sales on band pages. Fans get QR-codes, which can be scanned at the door off a printable ticket or their smart phone displays using an iPhone app.
- Rick Mueller head of Live Nation's West Coast is headed to competitor AEG