REWIND: The Music Industry’s Week In Review
Apple's iTunes In The Cloud and Music Match were clearly the top story of the week. Reaction was mixed. TuneCore CEO Jeff Price wrote that Apple had both legalized pirated music and reset the music industry. We'll have to wait until Fall to see how consumers react to the full offering, but portions of iTunes In The Cloud can be downloaded now.
- Spotify has reportedly made deal with Universal Music Group, bringing them closer to a U.S. launch.
- MySpace Bidders Down To One: Activision's Kotick, even as the social network continues to spend money like there's no tomorrow.
- CitiGroup prepares to auction off EMI.
- Tumblr Improves As Tool For Musicians & Marketers
- The Echo Nest Maps Music API With Facebook, Offers $10,000 Developer Prize
- Check out Hypebot reader's creations as Google offers a playable and recordable homepage.
- What Do Fans Think Of Your Website? 76% Say Make It Easier.
- Kaiser Chiefs Launch 'Create Your Own Album & Sell It' Campaign For New Release.
- 10 Tips To Get Your Music News & Content Into Facebook's Top News Feed.