REWIND: The Music Industry’s Week In Review
Several sources have Spotify launching in the U.S. as early as next week with an aggressive goal of 50 million subscribers in its first year. A top Swedish music exec shared what the U.S. should expect from Spotify's launch.
- After Facebook's announcement of Skype video and group chat, a curious programmer found a secret Facebook music service called Vibe.
- After a 7 Yr decline U.S.music sales were up in the 1st half of 2011.
- Red hot Turntable.fm is raising money from VCs.
- ArtistData founder has launched musician site creator Onesheet.
- Amazon Cloud added free unlimited music storage.
- Jay Frank: What Does Apple's iCloud Really Mean For Music?
- How Many Sell-Outs Does It Take To Change A Music Business?
- Music Marketing News: T-Pain, Dead Kennedys, Jill Scott, Kings of Leon, James Brown & More
- Incubus is becoming the master of lasting fan connections.
- "Dancing With Digital Natives" Requires Going Beyond Responding to True Interaction
- Warner Music reportedly to offer $1.05 billion in junk bonds prior to sale.
- The Highway Girl: Building on What You Already Do.
- Reuters Says Bye Bye Billboard, Hello Wrap
- Artists & Social Networking: Is It About ME or WE?