SoundExchange Hits The Road
SoundExchange, the nonprofit performance rights organization that collects and distributes performance royalties from satellite radio, internet radio, cable TV music channels and other services that stream sound recordings, is traveling the music conference circuit this year in an effort to explain it's mission to all corners of the music community. Already confirmed are:
- Feb. 17-21: Folk Alliance Conference - Memphis, TN
- Feb. 24-25: Digital Music Forum: East - NYC
- Feb. 19-20: Millennium Music Conference - Harrisburg, PA
- Mar. 14-16: National College Media Convention - NYC
- Mar. 17-21: SXSW - Austin, TX
"With money held for artists representing all genres and levels of celebrity, our schedule of conferences, workshops and award shows will utilize these locations to register and educate musicians and labels on the royalties to which they are entitled," said Bryan Calhoun, SoundExchange's VP of External Affairs. "Supporting and empowering creators of music by making sure they get paid for their work is our core mission."