Universal Music Shuffle: 20 Motown Staffers Let Go, As 5 UMG Execs Get Promoted
- About 20 staffers were let go today, mostly in back office in the legal, finance and digital departments.
- Former Motown chief Sylvia Rhone is still in serious negotiations to have her own UMG financed company.
- 5 UMG executives have been promoted including:
- Steve Gawley named EVP, business and legal Affairs for UMRG & IDJMG
- Matt Moss named SVP of International
- Jon Vanhala named SVP Digital, Brand Integration & New Business for UMRG & IDJMG
- George Marolda named Chief Financial Officer of UMRG & IDJMG
- Meredeth Oliver named VP of A&R Administration